Saturday, August 16, 2008

What the heck is a Save Um?


As a parent, do you find yourself humming the title song of a kid's TV show? Or have you begun to watch these shows even when your kid isn't in the room? Well, I can honestly say that I have done them both. Seems that I'll get these silly little songs stuck in my head for days at a time. The title song for the "Save Ums" sounds like it was ripped straight from a Village People's song (In the Navy just so you know).

Which brings me to my other point? What the heck is a "Save Um" anyways? Unlike the Wonder Pets which contain a duck, a guinea pig and a turtle, a Save Um is just a blob of goo. But if you ask Charlie, it's the best thing since sliced bread...for now. But if you ask Charlie about Kong Fu Panda, then it's all about the Panda. How soon he forgets.

The Backyardigans and Little Einsteins are quite good. I'll watch The Backyardigans even without Charlie by my side. The shows are well done and quite humourous. Charlie goes through phases with this show. Some days, he loves Pablo the blue penguin; other days he hates Uniqua, the unknown creature. What is Uniqua? I really couldn't tell you what she is...same with Austin. But at least it's a good show.

The pic is from Great Grandpa's birthday party...Charlie has an eye on the petifores.

No comments: