Charlie turned a big 3 last Tuesday and we celebrated at home with some cake and presents. However, Sarah had a brilliant idea to host a birthday party for him at the Little Jumping Bean. The LJB is a place where little kids (6 and under) get to jump around in those big moonwalk type things. The party consisted of 1 hour of jumping and then 30 mintutes to eat cake and settle down. Oh did I mention that up to 15 kids could attend? Can you spell nightmare???
So Sunday arrives and we get ready for the party. All day Saturday, Sarah and I put together goody bags for the kids that show up for the party. What the *&&^*^???? What is this about? When I was a kid and went to a birthday party, the only person who received anything was the birthday boy. When did this crazy tradition start? I mean, aren't I paying for the party already and letting the kids have fun? What a dumb idea.
We get to the place and Charlie runs around like there is no tomorrow. The kids, his daycare friends and family kids, all arrive and its pandemonium!!! Kids jumping around all over the place, sweating like little pigs. Charlie really loved the big boy slide and kept going up and down this thing all day long. All the kids were having fun, while I stood around praying no one got hurt. Thankfully, only Rilan got banged up a bit, but he was a big boy and continued playing with the bigger kids.
Cake time is a joke and a disaster all in one. How do you get kids to stop having fun jumping around for cake...and then tell them that that play time is over? Not easy at all. I don't think anyone of them ate cake thinking that they could go back onto the jumping things. I was labeled the bad guy for standing guard over the place. Nice huh?
But overall, it was a great time. Charlie had a blast as did the other kids. Like I said earlier, I'm just thankful that no one got hurt. I did get pictures and once I get back into town, I will post them.
Until then...fight the goody bag tradition!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I could picture you watching the "jumping beans" as I read the blog.
I'm thoroughly enjoying reading this, so keep writing - and don't forget to post pictures... of CHARLIE!
And really, don't hold back your thoughts or obscenities just because the world can read it:)
Post a Comment